Monday, August 11, 2008

My Week One Tips and a Fun New Food Magazine

I love the magazine Clean Eating. http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/minisite/ce_index.htm.

It has some great, simple, whole food recipes. They are really tasty too! I made some pizza last month from it and it was fabulous. MMMM. This month there is a jicama cucumber salad. It looks very tasty. Anyway, just thought I'd give you all a heads up. You can buy it at Target.

I ate some buckwheat Japanese udon noodles last week from Good Earth. They were very tasty! I liked the texture. They are chewier than spaghetti. I really liked it with some carrots, napa cabbage, and sprouts.

We were out pretty much every day last week, and I didn't have junk food! Yay! I did get Cafe Rio once and it was delicious. I got the grilled chicken salad with lettuce, pico de gallo, cilantro, guacamole, an extra lime and just a little of the dressing. I loved it. It was really filling and leaving off the tortilla, rice, chips, cheese, and most of the dressing makes a big difference in the calories, but still tastes really yummy and is the perfect (though still large) serving size for a fun date night dinner.

We have had some of the xocai chocolate for treats, but just a little after dinner. Anyone need any? Jared gets them really super cheap, and they are normally expensive--like $1 for a little nugget.

Those are my tips for the week. I definitely need to watch the calories more if I want to lose weight, but I did pretty well overall.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Don't you have a recipe for a smoothie using cacao nibs? I would love to get it!